Thursday 11 December 2014

Recipe - Cheese Scones

I thought I would write a different kind of post for today. A baking post. I actually really enjoy it (and cooking isn't as bad as I first thought, haha!). I'd fancied making some cheese scones for a while, and I found a really simple recipe here, although I did adjust it a little.

I used:
225g self raising flour
A pinch of salt
55g butter
50g mature cheddar cheese
140ml whole milk

After tasting these I will probably go for 75g cheese next time, as we love cheese around here.

Preheat your oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7/425F. And also grease or line a baking tray,



Firstly you mix the flour and salt together, then add in the butter and rub it in with your hands.


Then mix in the cheese.


And the milk.


Put some flour down on the surface, and need the dough a little bit, press it flat until it's around 2cm thick, then cut out the scones. Keep going till all the dough is used up.


Place on your baking tray and brush with mik. Put in the oven for 12-15 minutes. I took mine out after about 13 minutes.



This is how mine turned out, lovely and brown. But not quite cheesey enough for me, and Ben didn't seem too impressed when I gave him one for lunch either. Will try him on another one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment