Tuesday 22 July 2014

Review - Liz Earle Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise


I've been using the Liz Earle cleansing routine for nearly 10 years now. My mum got me a set for a Christmas present one year, as she was using the products herself. It was my first proper skincare routine that I actually stuck to, although I only ever used it in the morning (lack of knowledge I put that down to).


The cleanser you use on dry skin, work it in all over, even the eye area, which I spend more time on to help with removal of mascara. Then you wet a muslin cloth in hand hot water and wipe off the cleanser along with any make-up, dirt and dead skin cells. I love the fact that the muslin works as a exfoliator as well. Then splash your face with cold water. Most cleanses just tell you to rinse them off with water - I always find this annoying as the water gets every where and your clothes get all wet! Where as you don't get that with this product. The cleanser comes in 2 formats, you can either have a squeezy tube like I have, or there's a pump version, when one pump will dispense enough for your whole face.


Next you use the toner, put a little on a cotton pad and sweep it all over. Or there's a spray bottle version that you can just spray straight on to your face. I find this totally refreshes my face and helps removes any traces of cleanser, make-up or dirt that you may have missed

They have one cleanser and one toner suitable for all skin types.


There's 3 different types of moisturiser. I used to use the Light version, which is aimed and more acne prone, oily skin as it's not very thick. I have had to move on to the normal/combination version, as I was getting a lot of dry patches on my skin, I needed something thicker, but I was still getting the odd break out as well (mostly hormone related). I think my skin changed after I gave birth to my son, I don't know whether that's normal or not? There's also a dry/sensitive version of moisturiser too. So it works great, just make sure you're using the correct one for your skin type. The moisturiser also comes in a variety of containers, there's a pump version or a pot version. My squeezy tube version came as part of a set on QVC.

The first thing I noticed when I started using this was I had less acne. When I was a teenager I used to have at least one spot at all times. Once I started using this cleansing routine I noticed a huge improvement in my skin as I was only getting the odd few spots, a gain mainly around that hormonal time of the month. I also noticed how my face felt smoother.

I think the fact that it's nearly 10 years later and I'm still using the same cleansing routine just shows how great I think it is. I also like that all the ingredients are natural.

You can purchase Liz Earle products from the Liz Earle website (there's also a couple of shops), QVC, John Lewis and some Boots stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment