Sunday 22 February 2015

Update #2

I thought I would write a little update post today, it's actually Sunday night, and I've just put Ben down to sleep. And I'm writing this on my tablet, Steve's in the bath, so it's nice and quiet as I haven't got the TV on.

Firstly, we're going through a management restructure at work, and as I'm a supervisor I have to go through tests and an interview, to apply for a Team Leader role. I completed this about a week and a half ago, and am so glad it's all over and done with! As we've known about it coming for around a year, and has always been at the back of my mind, even though I tried to block it out. Because of this I'm also at risk of redundancy although I am hoping that it won't come to this if I don't get the Team Leader role. As we do have a lot of temp staff and people of temp contracts of working more hours, so right now I'm thinking positive, and Ill just step down to a general assistant. But we don't get told anything else until 16th March and I am actually on holiday that week, so won't know till the week after.

On a positive side of things we booked our first family holiday with just the 3 of us. Yes we have taken Ben to France twice, to stay in Steve's parents house, with them, but we really wanted to spend time away in a hotel, just the 3 of us, and Ben can have fun. We are going to Menorca in June for a couple of weeks, and I cannot wait! Now we've finally booked it, I can't stop thinking about it, and already thinking about packing! But packing involves a lot when you have a toddler, and also a night and morning of travelling. The hotel is totally child orientated, with a great looking splash pool, kids club, soft play area, and outside play area too. And the reviews are great, the restaurant even has it's own little child buffet. And the restaurant itself is actually meant to be getting refurbished ready for the Summer as well.

I'm also excited to go out with my mum and sisters, and Ben, to celebrate my mum's birthday, next Monday. And then my sister and I are taking Ben to a soft play centre the following day, hopefully I can get some photos of him there to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment