Tuesday 31 March 2015

The Book People Purchases and Review

I'd been considering placing an order on The Book People for a while, ever since my mum mentioned it to me over a year ago! I do however like to look at books or at least read review before purchasing, which is where Amazon and my local Waterstones came in handy.


This is what I decided to buy. Delivery is £2.95, or if you spend £25 or over it's free. So I decided to spend enough to get the free postage and packing.


I decided to pick up these First Fabulous Facts by Ladybird to give Ben as part of his Easter present. He is to old for the facts now, but I thought they would help in teaching him what things are within each book.


I remember the Alfie books from when I was little (or maybe my sister I can't quite remember) but I always wanted to get them for Ben. I'm going to keep these back and give them to Ben as part of his Christmas present.


Something else I really wanted to purchase was wipe clean books to help Ben to draw and write. So I added this set to my basket.


I was looking around for some books to help with teaching Ben more new words, maybe some unusual words, and also thinking about keeping Ben busy whilst traveling on holiday. I'd heard of the Richard Scarry books but never looked in them, so took a trip to Waterstones to have a look. I liked the look of them and so did Steve so I purchased the set of 10 as well as A Day at the Airport.

We received great service, and the books were dispatched really fast. They use the courier Hermes (or at least did with me), and my local Hermes drivers always seem pretty good. I believe I made an order on a Wednesday and they got delivered the following Monday.

1 comment:

  1. The books look lovely, I'm sure he will really like them! Fast delivery is always a massive plus as well!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete